vendredi 18 mai 2007

Mum... I'm hungry!!!

First, I want say a big thanks to people who gave me help and information on how to feed and grow a small crow.
I phoned to a wildlife rehabilitator that wasn’t too far from here and they told me they are already with too many birds and no place enough to take care for more…
So I became the new mum of this “little bird”. Baby crow is growing quickly and asks for more and more food; he is also trying to spread his wings and to play with them…

Mum... I'm hungry!!!
I'm hungry!!!

8 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

What a fantastic picture. He's so cute! I will follow your blogposts about him. I just love crows. They are often so misunderstood because they are black, but they are in fact very wise and sweet. Enjoy your time with him or her? LOL. Do you already have a name for him/her? You can search for crow on www.youtube.com and there you can see lovely little movies of crows too. One is that a crow goes in a bathtub. The love to splash in water!

hugs
Ingeborg

Conni a dit…

Sweet baby! Crows are extremely intelligent, wonderful birds... I will enjoy watching his progress. Best wishes!

BöskeZ a dit…

Yes, we gave "her" (I'm not sure but... ;o) a name :
Elvire
We will see if "she" loves it or not?!

Matthews a dit…

Hi I have been watching a nest of crows one day I saw black feathers on the ground there were two half eaten adult crows witch I am geussing were the parent's I looked around and saw a baby I went over to grab him but he was already dead :( I climbed up the tree to the nest there were no babys anywhere I looked about ten feet away and there were two baby crows on a branch close to the ground! I went over and there mouths opend really wide I geuss they haven't been fed in a while!!! I took them home and put them in a small dog cenal that I have for my golden retriver. I't is my second day with these to little guys and there doing great!!! I am feeding them wet dog and cat food and tuna fish I would like a little more varity then that tho. chould you tell me what you are feeding your baby??? he looks so wonderful!!! he's about the size of mine one of mine is mooving away soon one of my friends adopted him as it is hard to raise and feed two not to menchen clean up after them!!! the crow I'm ceaping is named malifor. oh and one of malifor's back tallons were gone!!!! and he was bleeding I put some flower on it to make it stop bleeding. he's fine now and Is growing another claw back!!! any wasy I got to go feed him now I need your help so pease get back as soon as possible with what ever info you can give me :)

BöskeZ a dit…

The best way to feed them is to give them cat food indeed^^
Some times I added boiled eggs finelly chopped, tuna aswell and rughly chopped seeds (corn, sunflower or others). don't forget to give fruits or some vegetables^^ they are all-eating ;o) they also love some meat. but cat food is very balanced if you give them some apples or others on the side.
they have to drink a lot, but they will "tell" you ;o)
These are very intelligent birds^^ you'll have a lot of pleasure with them!!! Good luck

BöskeZ a dit…

Please don't forget to give me some news ;o)

Matthews a dit…

Thanks alot when you say feed them vegtables what kind do you mean and how to you give it to them cause they cant eat a carrot hard haha?

Matthews a dit…

oh and do you mean raw meat?