mercredi 28 mars 2007

TAST couching

This piece is a real joy to embroider!
I use the design of Lesley Turpin Delporte but let my imagination go for the stitches I use. I started this one a few months ago, at that stage there was only the stem that was made. I took it with me while I went to my husband’s office during the week end. He had to work on some computers and the network. So took this with me to go ahead.




Leafs are made with a wide range of stitches: bullions, French and colonial knots, chain stitches, buttonhole and of course couching.
All the beige and green bouclé that are on leafs are couched down.
I will have to do my home work on “the traditional block sampler” I use for TAST also. The only way to have my plaid with all stitches we’ll learn to use during this year’s challenge! ;o)

I’m still a bit behind with my stitching; my family problems are going their way.
I can only say "thanks" to aleverybody who sent me encouragements and tell them that my mind and mood is changing as I feel a little bit stronger by now.

5 commentaires:

Ati a dit…

Happy to "see" you again :)
Your embroidery is amazing, as always!!

Hideko Ishida a dit…

I am glad to see your beautiful embroidery. Thank you for sharing.

ACey a dit…

so very beautiful!

Susan a dit…

I'm just in awe of this stitchery. I can do seams and outlines, but this kind of embroidery is way beyond my abilities. It's just beautiful.

allie aller a dit…

You have such a distinctive style! I am with Susan here...your embroidery is way beyond what I could even conceive of!
Thanks for sharing it...I just love it.