lundi 17 avril 2017

Back with new and old - or upcycling

Why back ?

Some explanation needed I think!

My Sister moved to Hungary and we can’t meet, show and tell each other frequently enough!
As she asked me to share my pictures and news from my doings here in Belgium I decided that I can share them with others at the same time.

Since spring has sprung and the sun came back (shyly I must say) we are doing a lot of gardening, trying to be prepared to have a nice time on the terrace after all the work.
I’ll share that in a future post.

Just some of my husband's pictures as appetizer ...


After trying to declutter my wardrobe and making a selection of my ownings I realized I want to keep some of my shirts and dresses 😉 … but… in a new style.


As indicated in the title I made a lot of upcycling these last weeks.

No miracles but cutting and sewing those little things.

Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of some before(s), so sad :’(

Old dress refashion

This old dress was too “hard”, the collar and writs were so white contrasting too much with the dress. (Thank you Brigitte ;)
The “waist” was on my hips and not flattering at all.
I made my decision: cutting the white parts off (as well as the sleeves) transforming the dress in two pieces, a top and a skirt, added some biais for the hems and voilà !


Outdated shirt.

This was one of my mother’s silk shirts in off-white with a tie scarf collar.
Cutting the sleeves into cap sleeves, the tie into a sort of mandarin collar and changing the buttons with mother of pearl ones, and it was done.




Too large men’s shirt my father gave me a few days before he passed.


For this one I had to completely unsew the shirt and resew a new one.
In the meantime I had the idea to make a summer top of it; the denim was so soft…
Here are the pictures:
OMG, there are rust stains on it!!! OK, no problem you will see later what I had in my mind.
But I had a great time becoming totally crazy, in the good way I learned in CQ ;) the results will be shown in another post, if not this one will become as huge as a novel.




Last news!

Böbe is born
Böbe is my model, we had a lot of fun making it, isn’t it Georgette ?
After taping ourselves I customized mine with a t-shirt, so I can pin my garments on it.


See you soon for other news 😍💏

Aucun commentaire: